Good traditions are a precious way to remind us that there is something greater than ourselves. To get a little out of the individualism of each day and remind ourselves that we are part of a family, a community, of centuries of history that precede us.
There are traditions that many people share, and there are others that are made on a small scale, customs and curiosities within each region and in each home. In my family, for example, and surely in many more homes, a Christmas card is a beautiful way to start this intense time of year.
And hey, why congratulate Christmas with any postcard if we have something that we can offer that is much better? We are photographers, remember? 😉
Do you dare to congratulate Christmas to your loved ones?
CHRISTMAS PHOTOGRAPHY SESSION
In order to decorate your Christmas greeting with your own image, ideally, you should be encouraged to do a Christmas photo session. I leave you with some ideas, but you can let it flow and give it your personal touch 🙂
IDEAS FOR TAKING A CHRISTMAS PHOTO
- The bokeh, a classic Christmas picture: You can take the tree lights, decoration shopping streets, etc.
- The preparations
- Decorate the Christmas tree
- Homemade ornaments
- Gift wrapping
- Culinary preparations
- Feelings: trying to transmit the values associated with these dates will help you transmit the emotion that they produce in us
- Magic, look in the eyes
- Warmth (warm light, fires, candles …) everything that conveys well-being and comfort
- Colors: red, gold or green are the classics of Christmas photographs and applying them to your photos will give them that Christmas touch you are looking for
- If you do portraits of people, take care of the costumes. If it’s Christmas, better than better 😉
- Here I leave you with many more resources to photograph Christmas.
CHOOSE AN IMAGE FOR YOUR CONGRATULATIONS
To choose a Christmas image, the first thing is to have some candidates to be the image of your congratulation, here are some tips to do it:
- The image should not be perfect, sometimes we have those moments of expectation vs. actually they can be very frustrating.
- If none convinces you as the main image, try assembling a collage with several photos
- I have ever used Picmonkey to do it and it goes very well.
- Although Canva is, today, my favorite program, it is very easy to use and very intuitive.
- You can also create it yourself in Photoshop.
CHOOSE AN INSPIRATIONAL PHRASE TO CONGRATULATE CHRISTMAS
You can search for quotes or phrases online, although it is always best to sit for 5 minutes in front of the computer, think of Christmas, what inspires you, what it transmits to you, and try to capture it in your own phrase.
CREATE YOUR OWN CONGRATULATION
Once you have more or less your chosen photos and your phrase, it’s time to get down to work to create your own congratulations.
In my case, I am going to use these three photos that I took in my Christmas session with girls;), as an example.